Saturday, September 10, 2011

Establishing Professional Contacts

I have to admit that I was somewhat intimidated by the idea of interacting with an ECE professional from another country.  I definitely took me a day or so to warm up to the idea!  Now, I am excited about the opportunity to get to know others and look at early childhood education from a more international perspective.  I used the international websites that were listed in the blog resources as a place to start.  I sent messages via the “contact us” link on three websites:  Early Childhood Council New Zealand, The British Association for Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Australia: The Australian Early Childhood Advocacy Organization.  I have always had an interest in these countries.  I am really hoping to hear back from someone in Great Britain.  I grew up in England but know very little about their early childhood system.  I have always wanted visit Australia and New Zealand, maybe this will be the next best thing!  I have not heard back from any of the organizations but I’m holding out hope they will contact me next week.
The website I chose focus on is the National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators.  I had several reasons for this choice but most important is my degree focus of teaching adults.  I am currently an adjunct faculty member at Central Ohio Technical College so I am hoping to find supports on this website that will enhance my teaching!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Teri:

    I had the same reaction when I read this assignment. But, I once I got a response I became excited by the possibilities. Since we have the same specialization, I look forward to your posts about what you learn from the National Association for Early Childhood Teacher Educators. Hopefully, we all choose different organizations so we can all learn something new from each other.

    Thank you for sharing.
    LouAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am having a tough time I guess just looking for someone to respond back but I am going to wait and hope I hear from someone soon. Just reading about what the different countries early childhood is interesting and I look forward to learning from them. Thanks for sharing talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri, I also chose to look at the National Association of Early Childhood Teachers. I know the fieldis growing but I when it comes to resources there can't be enough for those in the EC field that directly focuses on the educators.

    ReplyDelete