Friday, March 25, 2011

Quotes that make me stop and think:

"I cannot emphasize enough the importance of a good teacher." Temple Grandin

"A treatment method or an educational method that will work for one child may not work for another child. The one common denominator for all of the young children is that early intervention does work, and it seems to improve the prognosis."       Temple Grandin

"People are always looking for the single magic bullet that will totally change everything. There is no single magic bullet." Temple Grandin
"Early Childhood is and should be a time of laughter, love, play and great fun."  Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs, 3rd edition, Carol Copple and Sue Bredekamp, editors.

"Perhaps more than any other time of life, early childhood is a period of never ending possibilities."    
Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs, 3rd edition, Carol Copple and Sue Bredekamp, editors.
"We enter and stay in the field because we believe that our work can make a significant difference in the lives of children and their families, and so make a profound and lasting contribution to society." 
Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs, 3rd edition, Carol Copple and Sue Bredekamp, editors.

6 comments:

  1. I did enter the field of Early Childhood Education because I wanted to make a difference in the children's lives. I believe the sooner a child can start education the better off they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your quotes! Fantastic!

    I love the ones that states... "Early Childhood is and should be a time of laughter, love, play and great fun."

    I have 14 high needs special education students and people always ask "Hows it going?" in sort of a dreary voice. I always say "We have a great time!" I feel like some people are surprised by how much I enjoy my job. I have a great staff and great kids who make everyday fun and enjoyable. It maybe VERY stressful sometimes but their happy little faces are the parts you remember and their uncontrollable laughter. :)

    Abby Liedtke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri,

    I like the quote "Perhaps more than any other time of life, early childhood is a period of never ending possibilities."

    I think as educator's its important to keep this in mind when working with and teaching children. You never know what affect you many have on a child, the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Temple Grandin quote about children having different learning styles. But early intervention is the key. As a child, I didn't learn the conventional way. It wasn't until much later on in life (about my 3rd year in college that I figured out my learning style).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your Sue Bredekamp quote. I often observe that a child's parents fill up their life with so many structured activities such as dance class, soccer, swim lessons, ect., that a child rarely has any time to just be a child and have fun. I wonder, even as a parent, why we do that to children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Temple Grandin. She has given a voice to people living with autism.

    ReplyDelete